WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A CARPET CLEANER
Anytime you have a service provided in your home you want to make sure that the firm that you invite is reputable and competent. But how can you tell when you have never had any experience with the company before? Most carpet cleaners are honest, but they could be less than fully competent.
So, some additional questions may be in order, such as:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of training have you received?
- Do you give free on site estimates? (be careful of estimates over the phone unless you are dealing with a reputable firm)
Let’s analyze some of these questions and why you would want to know the answers.
1. How long have you been in business? Everyone has to start sometime, it’s not a crime to be new in the business. However, you don’t want the person to be practicing on your carpet or furniture. What will compensate for being new in the business is if the individual has been certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification or other similar training organization. The IICRC is a highly respected, non profit organization that certifies cleaning technicians. If they say they are certified, ask them to show you their card.
2. What kind of training have you received? How many days and what subjects did you learn? The technician training should be considerable as they will be responsible for the proper care of thousands of dollars worth of carpet.
3. Do you give free estimates? A reputable firm will be most happy to do this. They will come out to your home, measure the size of the rooms (why should you pay the same price for cleaning a small bedroom that you pay for your large living room or den?). Examine the carpet for clean-ability. Test spots for the possibility of removal, and some will even give you a free written report. They should be frank and honest when setting your expectations about how your carpet will look after it is cleaned and what stains may not respond to professional cleaning techniques.
The pricing for the cleaning usually does not include:
- Carpet Protectors
- Attempts to remove permanent stains such as Kool-Aid®, wine, etc. after normal professional removal techniques have been utilized. This is not the same as spot removal, which should be included in the cleaning price.
- Burn spots, tears or rips in seams or other installation problems
We recommend to use Buffer Boys as they have impressed me with there industry pioneering service, they are professional carpet cleaners and professional cleaners of many other things such as upholstery, hard flooring, mattresses etc. They cover Malta and Gozo and have a team of highly skilled professional cleaners. They offer a 100% money back guarantee and totally free demonstration/inspections in Malta and Gozo
Click the logo below to visit there page
also http://bufferboys.com.mt for all your professional cleaning needs in Malta and Gozo.
The Buffer Boys hard at work.